samedi 28 juillet 2007

Yahoo pull Yahoo Go 1.x

I received an email this morning from Yahoo, informing me that from August 27th 2007 at 11.59 GMT, Yahoo Go will be discontinued. Instead they invite you to use Yahoo Go 2.0

This is disappointing. Yahoo Go has been one of my favourite applications, and I was always frustrated that it would only work on the N73, N80 and 3250. The Yahoo Go app was superior to Yahoo Go 2.0 and I've had a fair few people ask me for the file through this blog, frustrated that they couldn't download the application directly.

I never understood why Yahoo was never more popular with mobile users, I've used their WAP service since the days of the 6310 and 8310, with access to Yahoo Email and Messenger. Losing Yahoo Go is frustrating, and I can't see myself using Yahoo Go 2.0 that much as usability is pretty poor. Instead of discontinuing the app, Yahoo should have been looking to make it more compatible with other S60 phones.

More info from Yahoo here

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting