mardi 6 mars 2007

Nokia E65 - It's the business

Yes yes, this blog is dedicated to all things NSeries. But, I'm going to make an exception and talk now about the E65. I first got hands on with this phone at the 3GSM event in Barcelona last month. I liked it then, and I like it now.

The E65 is very well designed. It feels good in the hand, is comfortable to use and has a well spaced out keypad. The slide on the phone is spring assisted, and closes with a satisfying snap.
There is one thing I don't like, though, and that is the positioning of the pencil key. It's hidden away on the side of the phone and not at all comfortable to use. The pencil key is very useful and shouldn't be so hidden away or awkward to use. Makes copy n paste, or even using screenshot, a bit of a chore.

In the short time I've had the phone (I picked it up yesterday afternoon) I've not noticed any software bugs. The phone is quick to use, and typical S60 in usability and functionality. One option I do like that ESeries phones support is the option to list the inbox on screen with Active standby. Why can't NSeries phones have this feature? It is a shame that the E65 has lost the 'rotate screen' option that the E60 has, though.

Overall the E65 is a decent handset. It is simple in design, but well spec'd and well built. WiFi is simple to setup and use, with the built in WiFi wizard, data connection speeds seem very fast, and battery life promises to be good, too (based on the fact I've had it almost 24 hours and the battery is still full!) ;-)

Software wise, everything I've tried so far works, apart from Yahoo Go v.1. I can't understand why Yahoo Go would work on an N80, and on an N73, but not on an E65. If anyone knows how to bypass this, please let me know. If I could actually get the software to install, I am sure it would work.

Some E65 pics below:




0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting