mardi 19 juin 2007

Updated N73

I updated my N73 last night, to firmware version 4.0723.2.0.1 As noted in the Symbian Freak forums and AAS forums the new update changes the old standard N73 music player to the new design, as found on the N73 Music Edition. The icons are changed, they seem a lot brighter and clearer than before. The snake game is gone, (I guess this can be downloaded feom Nokia support as a .sis file??) and there is now an internet folder in the main menu. In the internet folder are the icons for the Web and WAP broswer and the N73 downloads. So, no new integrated browser included in the update. Will Nokia ever be able to release the new browser for phones like the N73 and N80? I hope so.

It is reported that the new update has enabled A2DP support, but I haven't as yet had chance to try this. Check out the forum links above, I'm sure someone there will have tried this by now.

The camera seems to take just as long to load from opening the slide as before. I don't really use the camera that much on my phone, so I can't really comment on the picture quality, etc.

Overall the new firmware seems stable enough. It's nice to have the new music player, and the menu looks sharp and crisp.

Some screenshots below:











































































































Edit - Two more Screenshots showing the new simple music player layout and the media key still working as it should. On the N73 ME the media key becomes a shortcut to the music player only:


0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting