lundi 4 juin 2007

Battery or features?

Battery or features? It's an interesting question, and one that currently guides my choice on handset.

I use an N73 currently. Ever since I heard about the N95, then got to try one, I knew it was the handset I would buy next. I just knew. But during the wait for release, I got cold feet. I call it N80 syndrome. See, I was waiting for the N80 for ages. I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. And when I finally did I was so disappointed. I was lucky and got an N80 with decent build quality, so no dodgy slide. And the screen on the phone was just amazing. But that battery, it sucked. So much that after a couple of weeks my N80 went the way of most of my phones, onto Ebay. I started to fear the N95 wouldn't be as good as the promise, so I stick pretty much with my N73 (although I have had a few other phones now and then.)

The N73 is fantastic, the battery life is amazing it goes for days with web, email, sms, bluetooth connections, I always leave it on 3G and it just goes and goes. For my money the battery is the best of any NSeries device to date.

So, to the point of this post. I saw via Womworld a link to a post on Atmasphere which mentioned a post on Symbian Guru (I hope I credited all the right people there!) which compared the connectivity between the N95, N75 and N73. The question boils down to whether feature power or battery power is more important. Pop over, take a look and leave your comments, let them know what you think.

As I mentioned at the beginning, in my opinion the N73 has it covered. I've not used an N75 so on that handset I can't really comment. But I've had an N95 for the last two weeks to try out. And really, what does the N95 have that the N73 needs? Or maybe I should ask, What does the N95 have that my N73 doesn't that *I* need? I have a phone with an excellent camera, I can use Tom Tom via a BT GPS unit, I can download podcasts via 3G (Orange don't currently have HSDPA where I live/work) I can text, email, use IM, and on and on. I don't use WiFi. I have an E60 I've never used WiFi. I had the E65, I used WiFi once. So that's not an issue. But battery life is an issue, and for that the N73 can't be touched.

Until the top end all beating phone comes with a top end all beating battery, the N73 will be my phone of choice.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting