jeudi 14 février 2008

Nokia N95 8GB - First Impressions

So, now the N82 has been returned, I've had to look across the market to see what phone I should get next. Normally, I go back to the N73, but I'm finding that is now becoming just that bit old now, despite being one of the best NSeries phones, ever.

So, not wanting the N73 again, I've looked to see what took my fancy. There's not a lot on the market right now, really. The new NSeries, N78 and N96 are still a while off, and really anything other than a smartphone just doesn't cut it. I considered the Sony Ericsson W960, and also the Nokia E51, but ultimately decided on the N95 8GB. I've owned the N95 a couple of times in the past, but this is the first time I've owned the 8GB version.

This phone just looks good. Huge screen, easy to use navigation keys, comfortable keypad, and nice black colour.

A few initial thoughts on the phone. It is sold as coming with the Spiderman 3 film, but if you want to keep it functioning don't upgrade your firmware. I backed up before upgrading last night but despite this, the film now no longer works. I can't understand why Nokia don't carry through this functionality on a firmware upgrade, is it really that difficult? A quick scan of the Nokia discussion boards shows a lot of dissatisfied users who've lost the film after upgrading their firmware, some backed up, some did not because, as a brand new handset they didn't think there was anything too back up. Surely it isn't hard to rectify this issue?

Another point, that mini USB cable is just too short. My phone barely reaches my desk from the PC, it is that short.

Minor points really, but annoying enough to mention them. Overall I'm very happy with the phone and I'm sure it will last until the Black N82 hits the market.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting