vendredi 30 novembre 2007

Adding Active Standby Plugins

You can see from the screenshot the standard standby screen, on my N82. There are the 6 Active Standby shortcuts, and three functions listed below, Search, Calendar and WLAN.

What I would like to see Nokia incorporate into NSeries and standard S60 phones is the Active Standby plug-ins found on ESeries phones. I really don't see why it can't be included for most phones in a firmware update. The plug-ins allow you to choose which options are listed under the shortcut icons. You can remove all shortcut options under the icons, if you wish, you can add features such as message inbox details, add voicemail alert details, etc. My friend Neil from Mobile Venue has just picked up a Nokia N95 8GB and one of the first things he wanted was to remove the calendar, and search.

I've had a few comments and emails when I posted about this back in March and it is often talked about in forums.

If this is a feature you would like to see added to S60 phones across the board, click on this link and add your voice to the S60 application wishlist. Rate the idea, add a comment, and if enough people show they want this feature, maybe Nokia will implement it for us.

p.s. I saw the theme used in the screenshot here and here. It's now my default theme.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting