jeudi 11 janvier 2007

iPhone hype

So, Apple have announced detail of their iPhone. And the whole internet has gone iphone mad! Well, it seems that way. I've had a look at the spec, and it does seem to be a nice looking product. But I have my doubts, and to be honest I'm not sure. See, I like S60 phones, and in particular the NSeries (It's why I started this blog, after all) Is there anything the iPhone can do that I can't on my N73? Or won't be able to on the N95? And if there is something the iPhone can offer over either of these handsets, will it be something worth while, or just a gimmick?

Most importantly, for me, the iPhone is not 3G. I'm into the habit of downloading video, songs, pictures, on my phone. 25MB podcasts. 3G makes that possible. HSDPA on the N95 will make it even easier. I don't take many pics on my phone, but when I do the quality of the camera on the N73 is more than adequate. I send email. I use instant messaging. The new S60 web browser is the best browser on a mobile phone, for navigation, bar none.

I do like the promise of up to 8GB memory. The N91 has a mini hard drive, the iPhone will be flash memory. I would like to see that added to NSeries phones. I have a W950i with 4GB built in memory, it's very good.

The iPhone has created a lot of interest. Ultimately, I suppose, interest in phone functionality over and above text and calls can only be a good thing. Too many people don't use their mobile phones to the full capability. But the iPhone is gonna have to be a special product to take me away fom the NSeries.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting