jeudi 15 février 2007

3GSM

So I'm back from 3GSM. It was a great event. I'm upset I was unable to get a connection when in Spain, though. I'd planned to use my WIND Italia SIM. €8 a month gets me 300MB of data to use outside Italia. Perfect. At least, it was. It seems that WIND no longer offer this deal. So I found myself with no data connection for uploading pictures.

But enough of the moaning, and on with the phones. For me, the event is all about the handsets. The main hall is packed with all the main manufacturers, and some of the bit part players. Of the products on show, Nokia took the event for me. Samsung ran them close, the Ultra Edition II range looks very good. Of the other members of the big four, Sony Ericsson and Motorola, I was very disappointed, especially with Motorola. The only handset they had that could be of any slight interest was the MotoRIZR Z8 But I wasn't even allowed to take one photo! Shocking, Motorola, not the way to win any new friends.

It was good to see the handsets SE announced last week at the event, but I still don't feel any inspiration to the new line-up. After last weeks new handset announcements I had a feeling they were holding back the big announcements to the actual 3GSM event, but not so. Where's the 5 megapixel Cybershot? The Handycam phone? The Vaio phone? The PSP Phone? (Surely Sony will brand handsets with these names as they already have with the Cybershot and Walkman?) I guess we'll have to wait that bit longer.

And to Nokia. The big new handset announcements, E90, E65, E61i were all there. So was the N77, and the 6110 navigator.

I don't usually go on for the ESeries phones on this blog. After all, there's plenty of dedicated users out there with their own blogs for ESeries. But I'm a fan of S60, and I've been a user of the E60 in the past (fine handset, under rated in my opinion) So for this occasion I'm going to include some pics of the new ESeries handsets, E90, E61i and E65.

The E90 should appeal to all communicator fans. It is packed with virtually everything you could want in a mobile phone. The E61i seems to give the one thing E61 users have ever asked for, and that's a camera. And the dark horse of the range, the E65. I can see this handset just slipping itself quietly into the pockets of many business users over the coming months. It is sleek, it is slim, it is compact. It feels good in the hand, has S60 simplicity. A winner.

Two other handsets, the N93i and the N76 were there. It was good to get hands on with the handsets, but they don't do much for me. I'm not really a fan of clamshell phones. The N93i is a niche product, but to be fair it looks good. The N76 is extremely slim, definitely RAZResque. Bit wide though, something I never liked about the RAZR either.

Finally, it is not new, but there was my handset, the N95. There's not a lot more you can say about this handset, apart from hurry up Nokia and get this out on the market. I'm starting to get impatient!

Onto the pics:















0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting