jeudi 15 février 2007

S60 and sub folders

I'm just back from Barcelona, and I have some interesting pics and items to upload later on. But before I do, I've been catching up goings on whilst I've been away, and I found a very useful snippet on the S60 blogs. How to create a sub folder for S60 phones.

Currently, if you want to store items in a folder, and inside that folder create sub folders for further storage, you can't. So if you had a media folder, nad inside you wanted to seperate video, music, pictures, etc, you can't. Well, at least you couldn't. There is now a work around, which was posted on the Nokia discussion forums. Excellent work by mechanimal82 for finding the workaround

1. Create a new folder and call it whatever you want your sub-folder to be.

2. Move this folder to be in position 1 (top left of the main menu)

3. Place an app in position 5 (the default position for when you open up the menu)

4. highlight the app in position 5 and then press options (so that you can see the option to "Move to folder" ).

5. Now with the option menu open, press the power key and select "Offline". You'll notice that the menu is still open, and that the folder you created is highlighted in the top left of the screen.

6. Now select "Move to folder" and select which folder you want to contain your sub-folder.


And it works. See the screenshot below. I have a misc folder no located within my applications folder, where I can throw all the apps I never use. Fantastic work:

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting