jeudi 9 novembre 2006

Post update on N73 firmware change

So I managed to change my firmware yesterday evening, using the NSU. As ever, heed the warning and make sure you back up your files before doing a firmware change. I backed up to PC suite and most things re-installed fine. For some reason apps that I have stored on my memory card had to be installed again (Opera, Advanced Call Manager, Yahoo Go, etc)

Since the update my messaging menu froze once. The phone worked phone, I could navigate the menu, use web, etc, but I couldn't access the messaging menu. A re-boot fixed that. And then this morning after using Opera, my data connection wouldn't drop. Well, the indicator on the screen under the signal bar showed a data connection was active. A re-boot fixed that too. I also still have a list of themes installed on my MMC that I cannot remove, as the app manager does not see them, with other themes I've installed on the phone not showing on the available list.

Otherwise, so far, things seem to be ok. I will try out Tom Tom later, I hope the issues I had connecting to my GPS dongle are resolved now. Pre update that was the biggest PITA for me.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting