mercredi 22 novembre 2006

N73 Flickr usage


Posted by Tommi on blogs.s60.com

I really like to see details like this. Popularity of a particular service or phone or application. The N73 is showing a fantastic rise, matched and at the end slightly topped off by the K800i. The popularity of the K750i shouldn't be a surprise, seeing how good a camera phone it was (and still is)

I've owned the K800i and it's core competency, the cybershot branded camera, is very good. But the N73 is still my preferred choice. There is a definite blurring between top end phones and smartphones though, in terms of features and functionality. Off hand, I can't think of a feature I can do on my smartphone N73 that I can't do on the K800i. The normal definition of smartphone is a handset that allows you to add functionality by downloading and installing additional software. No? I can do this on the K800i with some java apps. Add Opera Mini. Add Shozu for uploading to blogs (although the K800i does have a built in blog upload function) The K800i offers email access. Web browsing. Has expandable memory, etc, etc. But it is not classed as a smartphone.

I like S60, I like the flexibility the O/S offers, the total menu customisation, etc. But the difference between smartphones and 'normal' mobile phones is less clear than it used to be.

I'm off now to increase the N73 stats by uploading some pictures to Flickr

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting