lundi 13 novembre 2006

Nokia podcasting app causing phone freeze?

I downloaded the Nokia Podcast app the other week, and yesterday I decided to take a look and see what podcasts I could find. I subscribed to 29 Guide and downloaded a clip. Which I couldn't open on the phone.

A short while later, I receive an SMS football alert, which I had been receiving all afternoon with no problem. This time, I couldn't open the SMS. I had to reboot the phone three times before I could open the text. I received another SMS a short while after, from a friend this time, same problem. The only change I'd made to my phone was opening & using the Podcast app.

Usual process of cause and elimination followed, I decided to delete the app and see if that helped. After more than an hour trying to delete the application from my phone, using the built in app manager, Nokia PC suite and Y-Browser I finally managed to remove the downloaded video clip and the application. The phone just kept on freezing on me. I've never turned off/on my phone so many times since I bought it!

Finally removed all trace of the app except a 1kb file which can only be seen in the app manager on the phone, with a 'not installed' tag underneath.

Since removing the application everything has worked fine. I shall be avoiding this application for a while. More than anything the problem I had removing it has really put me off. I'm not too impressed, that's for sure.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting