mercredi 15 novembre 2006

Accessing your PC from your phone

One of the options available on the new N80ie is support for Orb. Orb is a service that lets you browse your PC from your phone (or another PC) you can access your documents folder and browse pictures, videos etc. I would love to get hold of the S60 client and try this on my N80, if anyone can point me in the right direction? I've tried logging in to Orb using the web browser on the N80, I can view files on my PC but when I try to play a video or music file it fails.

There is another service, which I haven't been able to try out fully, yet. Avvenu seems to offer better access to more of your PC, more folders, drives, etc. It's a free service but if you pay a small fee you can have access to an amount of online storage to access data even if your PC is switched off. $29.99 gives you access to 5GB.
I only signed up to Avvenu yesterday, so I need to give it a good try. Interestingly it has an upload from phone feature, allowing you to upload pictures/videos, etc, from your phone to your PC.

As ever, with these type of services an unlimited data plan is highly recommended. I use T-Mobile Web n Walk, probably the best data plan for UK users.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting