mardi 28 novembre 2006

Orb streaming working on the N73

I like the PC access services, Orb and Avvenu. Orb is going to be one of the new services available in the X Series from Three and is going to be an additional service available on the N80ie.

Orb has a new version, now Orb 2.0 This version gives a nicer phone interface than before. With Avvenu, you still get the standard web page login. The benefit of Avvenu, for me, is the ability to download files from the PC to your phone. Orb is for streaming. The advantage of Avvenu occurred just last night. I had purchased a tune online, and wanted to put it on my phone, but I forgot to transfer it. No problem, I just logged in via the website, accessed my PC desktop and downloaded the tune to my phone. Simple as.

I've always had problems getting connections with Orb. Not reliable a all. Just once I have managed to stream a video. All other times I've had all manner of problems. So I've mainly used it for viewing pictures and other items on my PC. Finally, I've found the solution to the streaming problem. Simply, I needed to change the configuration in the Orb settings on my PC. Instead of using the default port 554, I changed it to 555 and now Orb streams onto my phone. Screenshots below:








0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Best Web Hosting